I love cookie cakes. They are thick, delicious and the ultimate comfort food. I just didn’t know how easy they were to make at home!
This is definitely my new go-to dessert and I am so happy to share it with you. Enjoy!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
3/4 cup dark brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips OR about 1 cup of chocolate chunks
1. Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes.
2. Mix in egg and vanilla extract.
3. With the mixer on low speed, add flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt.
4. Stir in chocolate chips. Dough will be thick.
5. Chill for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
6. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
7. Place parchment paper into the bottom of your cake pan to help the cookie not stick; or use a tart pan with a removable bottom for best results (spray with nonstick spray).
8. Spread the dough out into the cake pan. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the edges are slightly golden.
9. Remove from oven and let cool for a couple minutes on the cookie sheet, then transfer to cooling rack to cool completely. Add frosting if desired once cooled.
For the frosting:
You can absolutely make your own butter cream frosting, but if you are like me and always in need of more time, you could simply buy your favorite store bought frosting, add some color (or not) and decorate away!
I have a collection of decorating tips that I have had for a while that I use for any sort of cake decorating. Using a plastic sandwich bag I snip the edge, attach the tip, put the icing in and pipe away for any occasion!